Beaumaris Foreshore Reserve at
filled area between the Beaumaris Cliff and
the sea is a 1.2 hectare area
seabed leased in 1997 to Beaumaris Motor Yacht Squadron Ltd. for 21 years till 2018 at a
rental of $13,000 per year, with a right of renewal.
the filling, which was begun in 1959, covers
some of the best fossil areas, it was not
included in the Beaumaris Bay Fossil Site on the Register of the National Estate, but is an
enclave within that Site. Click on the photograph for a zoomable high resolution version.
1.2 hectare land leased from the Crown is, as a
non-conforming use, part of the
under the Bayside Planning Scheme, both of which also cover the nearby seabed.