Looking for the perfect modern function venue with panoramic views of Port Phillip Bay?
CLUB MARINA NEWS
BMYS SAFE HARBOUR EES FACT SHEET NO.2 NOVEMBER 2014
Since the release of our first Project Fact Sheet, the BMYS EES team has been busy undertaking a number of key studies as outlined in the Assessment Guidelines for the EES. These Assessment Guidelines can be found at http://www.dtpli.vic.gov.au/planning/environmental-assessment/projects/beaumaris-motor-yacht-safe-harbour.
The draft assessments undertaken to date, include:
- Geology, geomorphology and fossil beds
- Biodiversity and habitat (preliminary studies)
- Coastal Processes (preliminary studies)
- Water quality (preliminary studies)
- Climate Implications – Coastal Hazard Vulnerability Assessment
- Cultural Heritage
- Traffic and Parking (draft)
- Land Use and Infrastructure (draft)
- socio-economic analysis (draft and ongoing)
These studies are preliminary and once a further concept design has been prepared, these studies can be finalised. The stakeholder consultation that consultants are currently undertaking for the BMYS will also assist in informing the finalisation of these studies before the EES documentation is prepared.
It is expected that much of the information being prepared at the moment will be presented at the first Open Day, now scheduled for Sunday 1st February 2015.
Key features of the proposed BMYS safe harbour redevelopment are:
- Construction of a surrounding breakwater with 24/7 public access to create an ‘all weather’ safe harbour;
- Waterfront boardwalk on the south west boundary with public access and kiosk;
- 120 floating marina berths;
- Three lane fully protected boat ramp;
- 78 berth ‘ dry stack’ facility launching dock and ‘lay by’ berths;
- Environmental sensitive pump out facilities;
- Rationalisation of car and trailer parking;
- New club house including a function & training facility; and
- Minimal seabed reclamation in the area in front of the existing BMYS facilities.
For further information on the EES process and the BMYS Safe Harbour EES background, refer to Fact Sheet No. 1 (Sept 2014) which is also available on the BMYS website.